Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulgurram
Contributor II
Contributor II

How Qlik Google Drive/Spreadsheets connector works in server?

Hello All,

I'm new to Qlik web connectors. We want to use Qlik Google Drive/Spreadsheets connector in Qlikview to pull data from Google spread sheets.

I'm generating the Authentication key from my account inorder to access the Google spread sheets. But when I move the application to server(dev & prod) does it reloads without any issues with the same authentication key?

We have a group email which all our team members include. But I don't know we can login with that group email. So, Is it possible to generate a Authentication key from Group Account?

May I know How it works after moving to server.Because the spreadsheets which we're pulling the data from are secured. So Please help me out how this web connector works.

Thanks,

Rahul.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rahul,

Yes, you should be able to make it so that you can run the QlikView reload and the Qlik Web Connectors on different servers (which is I think what you are asking) - you will need to set up the Qlik Web Connectors to allow remote access and then you should see in the generate load script it gives you that it has http(s)://YOURSERVER:5555... rather than http://localhost:5555....

Regarding the google group, could you clarify a little what this means? Are you able to authenticate with the connector using this? It sounds to me like that is more like an a group which you add a number of emails to and an email sent to it goes to everyone in the group but I am not sure yet from your description.

rahulgurram
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know How much does it costs to install Qlik web connectors with in our server. As of now we want to use only standard web connectors.

Regarding the google group, I've an authentication key which was generated from my email. Does it work when I move to server and reload?

Thanks,

Rahul.