Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xudo
Contributor II
Contributor II

How much data goes over the network connection?

I'm trying to determine how much data goes over the network before it is written to QVD. Since the QVD format is higly compressed, just looking at the size of the QVD's on disc is a not a good measure for this.

In the example here below in the printscreen I created an Excel file of 34.913 44 kB, the QVD size of this file is 3.842 kB.

In the log of the distribution service for this app on this location: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\20240409\140313 - ADMIN - Testfile" I see a log entry "Memory Allocation Delta for this file=34.11MB". 

Am I right to assume that with an OLEDB data source, this is the amount of data that has to be sent over the network?

xudo_0-1712672179619.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@xudo This is only logical memory that is consumed, But there will be physical memory that it consumes during storing of QVD. My best approach to use process monitor such cases to get accurate in windows (Critical : If you run process monitor in windows server, It consume lot of memory of the server, so please test when there is no load on server by users and immediately disable that to avoid slowness for users). 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

The Qlik internal RAM consumption is irrelevant to the network-traffic of loading the data and storing them again. I never tried to monitor it but I would think it's quite the same as the file-sizes of the sources + targets.