cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user12
Contributor
Contributor

How to load .sql file

I have a PostgreSQL dump .sql file I want to load it into QlikSense, Is there any way to load the file using load editor?

Labels (1)
9 Replies
saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, before to use in qlik sense you will need to load your dump file in Postgresql database, Please check the following link https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP-RESTORE

This is first step what have to be done , Second step will be loading in Qlik Sense 

user12
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Isn't it possible to directly utilise dump over Qlik Sense such that I can restore it in Qlik. 

Secondly Is it possible to load any SQL file in Qlik Sense

saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, no you can not use any SQL file directly 

user12
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My problem is I want to regularly update data over Qlik but the constraint is i can't make a direct connection as the database is inside a virtual private network. So I'm taking a dump with only the required information and I want to use that. Is there ant approach for this problem

saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Why you are not exporting the data from Postgresql in csv file?

Lakshminarayanan_J

Hi @user12 

Kindly check on the below link,

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Import-sql-file-into-qlikview/td-p/112263

Regards,

LN

Lakshminarayanan J
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button
user12
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Lakshminarayanan_J 

When uploading a data file in Qlik Sense it shows unsupported format for .sql files. So how can I include a .sql file without uploading it

Lakshminarayanan_J

From Data Load editor 

like "$(Include="lib://DataFiles/sample-data.sql"];"

And follow the steps show in that link 

Lakshminarayanan J
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button
user12
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Okay but that's a PostgreSQL dump how can we execute it