Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulioMB
Contributor
Contributor

I can not connect with Aylien News API

Hi,

I am trying to create a new connection with Aylien News API. When I  have tried to test the connection, I got an error:

Failed on attempt 1 to GET. (The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.)

I connected  Aylien News API using python on jupyter and it is working well with the same credentials  (API app is and API app key).

Somebody know what might be happening?

thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Julio

I was able to successfully connect to the Aylien News API with our REST connector - see the screen shots:

Please note that this returns JSON and nested schemas - so you will need to know how to link the tables together with the appropriate keys.

Please check out this video to learn more:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Working-with-the-Qlik-REST-Connector-Pagination-and-M...

Note you need to use the Query Headers inputs and provide your Application ID and Application Key

• X-AYLIEN-NewsAPI-Application-ID
  • X-AYLIEN-NewsAPI-Application-Key

Hope this helps 🙂

6-11-2020 4-00-50 PM.png

con1.png

con2.png

con3.png

con4.png

con5.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Julio - what Qlik Sense connector are you using - REST or WEB FILE?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Julio

I was able to successfully connect to the Aylien News API with our REST connector - see the screen shots:

Please note that this returns JSON and nested schemas - so you will need to know how to link the tables together with the appropriate keys.

Please check out this video to learn more:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Working-with-the-Qlik-REST-Connector-Pagination-and-M...

Note you need to use the Query Headers inputs and provide your Application ID and Application Key

• X-AYLIEN-NewsAPI-Application-ID
  • X-AYLIEN-NewsAPI-Application-Key

Hope this helps 🙂

6-11-2020 4-00-50 PM.png

con1.png

con2.png

con3.png

con4.png

con5.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
JulioMB
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Michael,

I have been trying with the native connector "Aylien News".

Now I was trying with REST connector and it is working.

Thanks!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Julio - glad that I could help. REST has many configuration options. BUT can you send me a screen shot of the "Aylien News" native connector that you mentioned  - when I first looked at this thread, that was the first thing I looked for and I must have missed it as I did not see it in our list. 

@Dean_Ansermoz 

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
JulioMB
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Michael,

Of course

regards

Captura de Pantalla 2020-06-10 a la(s) 10.41.48.png