Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihusby
Contributor
Contributor

I want to empty an App in Qlik Sense

We have an app with data that is loaded 'On Demand' by using a button.

When the  user has seen and used the data in the App, I would like to be able to empty the app.
Either automaticly after a day or two, or that the user  uses another button to empty the app.

The button actions I have found so far is not deleting the content in an app.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Ideally, I would suggest using the native ODAG functionality for on-demand apps rather than getting create with other solutions, considering this is exactly what it's meant for...

Otherwise, you could schedule a reload for this app and use some if statements, for example, set a daily reload for this app at 4:00am (or whatever hour when people are not going to be using it) and then have code that reads

If Hour(Now()) = 4 THEN Exit Script

If you wanted to get more creative, you could compare the last reload time to the current time and decide based on that, or whatever other solution you want to use.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

The ODAG mechanism has an option to automatically delete the generated app after a set number of hours/days.

Or_0-1677069856290.png

ihusby
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Or
We have not been using this on Demand App  mechanism so far.  The user qliks a button and the report is updated.
Do you know any other solutoions to the issue ?

Or
MVP
MVP

Ideally, I would suggest using the native ODAG functionality for on-demand apps rather than getting create with other solutions, considering this is exactly what it's meant for...

Otherwise, you could schedule a reload for this app and use some if statements, for example, set a daily reload for this app at 4:00am (or whatever hour when people are not going to be using it) and then have code that reads

If Hour(Now()) = 4 THEN Exit Script

If you wanted to get more creative, you could compare the last reload time to the current time and decide based on that, or whatever other solution you want to use.