Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcd123456
Creator
Creator

Instagram

Hello

is there any way to read data from Instagram from Qlikview? Is there any connector or similar thing???

thanks

regards

dcd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Instagram make information available via a REST API.  Details of this can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/developer/

As there is not specific Qlik Web Connector for Instagram (which would do all the clever stuff) you will need to build some custom script.  This can then be used to pull data from Instagram.  You would use either the Qlik Web Connector General Web Connector (which would be simplest) or the Qlik REST connector - which is more involved.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dsharmaqv
Creator III
Creator III

I dont think you can read instagram data as it contains privet information. though you can read data from wiki and may other sites where data is available for public access.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Instagram make information available via a REST API.  Details of this can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/developer/

As there is not specific Qlik Web Connector for Instagram (which would do all the clever stuff) you will need to build some custom script.  This can then be used to pull data from Instagram.  You would use either the Qlik Web Connector General Web Connector (which would be simplest) or the Qlik REST connector - which is more involved.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

There isn't a dedicated Instagram connector for the Qlik Web Connectors.

You may be able to either use the Qlik Web Connector's General Web Connector or the Qlik REST connector, which both allow you to make arbitrary calls to an API, which you define according to the relevant platform's API docs, and get data back.

I hope this helps.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

I agree with Deepak, but you can check this page, for other stuff

QVSource - The QlikView & Qlik Sense API Connector (Home)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for this post, but QVSource was acquired by Qlik and is now called the Qlik Web Connectors - so mine and Steve's posts are effectively what you're saying here.

Further, although the information on qvsource.com is largely still relevant I would recommend reviewing the more up to date Qlik content.