Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArmandP
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load script from excel in a sharepoint

Hello,

My company has given to me access for being able to develop things in Qlik but there are some features that I've not available. For example for the data prep I can only do it through script, and here is where I have some doubts:

I have an excel in a sharepint and I want to create a connection with it so every time I refresh, it's data gets refreshed too.

So far they have given me a sample script with what I can start:

$(Include=[lib://QS_Projects_BA_Standard_Data/10_Shared/20_Include/20_Functions/01_IT_Web_Connector/20_Specific/10_Sharepoint_O365/10_Files/GetFileQlikSelf_XXXqvs]);
LET Connection_3 = '';
LET File_3 = 'https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/QlikSenseSelfServiceBA/Documents%20partages/XXX%20XXX/30_Exte...XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx';
LET Sheet_3='XXX_Accumulated';
LET Header_3 = 0;
CALL GetFileQlikSelf_XXX(Connection_3,File_3,Sheet_3,Header_3)

With this code what I've found when I run it is that the table name is the deafult excel name and the fields are named (excel name+ the column name).

I would like to have something similar to the following:

[New_Table]:

LOAD *

FROM route?

So I can upload the table directly with the name I want, instead of having to to another load this time with the correct table name and then drop the previous table:

RESIDENT [XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx];
DROP TABLE [XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx];

Also I don't know what's exacly doing the first part of the code: 

$(Include=[lib://QS_Projects_BA_Standard_Data/10_Shared/20_Include/20_Functions/01_IT_Web_Connector/20_Specific/10_Sharepoint_O365/10_Files/GetFileQlikSelf_XXXqvs]);

Any help is welcome. Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArmandP
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

if someone has the same issue, I solved it quite simply:

LET Connection_3 = '';
LET File_3 = 'https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/QlikSenseSelfServiceBA/Documents%20partages/XXX%20XXX/30_Exte...XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx';
LET Header_3 = 0;

QUALIFY *;
[XXX_Export]:
LOAD *
Resident [XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx];
UNQUALIFY *;

Basically I'm uploading the table, I'm creating a new one referencing the one I've already uploaded and adding the prefix with "Qaulify, unqualify" statement and dropping the first one. 

Not very elegant as I wanted to do it all in one step but it works.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ArmandP
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

if someone has the same issue, I solved it quite simply:

LET Connection_3 = '';
LET Header_3 = 0;

QUALIFY *;
[XXX_Export]:
LOAD *
Resident [XXX_Daily_Data.xlsx];
UNQUALIFY *;

Basically I'm uploading the table, I'm creating a new one referencing the one I've already uploaded and adding the prefix with "Qaulify, unqualify" statement and dropping the first one. 

Not very elegant as I wanted to do it all in one step but it works.

Best regards,

nich_olas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi ArmandP, able to share the whole solution including the script for GetFileQlikSelf_XXX(Connection_3,File_3,Sheet_3,Header_3)? Thank you.