Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading data with a summary

Hi,

I'm trying out Qlik Sense and I'm stuck with a simple problem. I have a series of dates in a table that I build on the load script and I want to include the number of occurrences of each of these dates in 2 tables I'm getting from SQL Server:

Dates (built during the load):

Date
01-01-2014
02-01-2014
03-01-2014
04-01-2014

Orders (from SQL Server):

Order no.Order Date
101-01-2014
201-01-2014
301-01-2014
403-01-2014
503-01-2014

Invoices (from SQL Server):

Invoice no.Invoice Date
102-01-2014
202-01-2014
303-01-2014
403-01-2014
503-01-2014

Data load result table I need:

DateNo. of ordersNo. of invoices
01-01-201430
02-01-201402
03-01-201423
04-01-201400

I can set up this table on a new sheet, but I wanted to build some stuff on it so it would be much easier for me if the table was available in this format right after the load.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

To do this, add an extra field in each load so that Order Date can also be referenced as [Date]. Do this for [Invoice Date] as well. Then Qlik will link the tables on Date. THen you can use Date in a table and count(distinct [Order no.]) as one measure and count(distinct [Invoice No.]) as your 2nd measure.  It may work without distinct , but if the numbers aren't right edit the measure definition in the chart properties / measures on the right side of the screen by clicking the f(x) button.  Let me know if you need to see a sample

Orders:

Load

[Order no.],

[Order Date],

[Order Date] as [Date]

SQL select <>;

Load

[Invoice no.],

[Invoice Date],

[Invoice Date] as [Date]

SQL select <>;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

To do this, add an extra field in each load so that Order Date can also be referenced as [Date]. Do this for [Invoice Date] as well. Then Qlik will link the tables on Date. THen you can use Date in a table and count(distinct [Order no.]) as one measure and count(distinct [Invoice No.]) as your 2nd measure.  It may work without distinct , but if the numbers aren't right edit the measure definition in the chart properties / measures on the right side of the screen by clicking the f(x) button.  Let me know if you need to see a sample

Orders:

Load

[Order no.],

[Order Date],

[Order Date] as [Date]

SQL select <>;

Load

[Invoice no.],

[Invoice Date],

[Invoice Date] as [Date]

SQL select <>;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan, that worked like a charm!