Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Loading multiple files from a Sharepoint intranet site

Hi all

I need to load multiple files into Qlik Sense from a Sharepoint library on our intranet. 

I've previously been able to load data from individual files by creating a direct connection to a file with no issues. However this time I need to load data from 100 different files in the same library so this method isn't viable. 

I do have access to the Office 365 Sharepoint Web Connector but haven't been able to get it to authenticate. Any tutorials on Web Connectors use a .com address as the base URL, but as I'm trying to connect to an intranet site it's a .aspx address which comes back as an invalid resource.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance

Adam

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Andrew_Delaney  turns out it was very much doable and the web connector wasn't required.

I used the URL IS modifier

LOAD *
FROM [lib://Web Connection to Intranet Library Page]
(url is [http://fullwebaddress/$(vNameofWorkbook).xlsx]
, ooxml, embedded labels, table is '$(vNameofSheet)')

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Hi Adam,

It sounds like you are trying to load from a self-hosted Sharepoint server rather than an online sharepoint connection. 

While I haven't worked much with the sharepoint connector, it looks like it expects the O365 online version.

There are older articles in our knowledge base that cover pulling from sharepoint server, but you might need some assistance from your administrator to set them up 

adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes the connector is definitely for online rather than self-hosted Sharepoint. I may have to investigate non-Qlik solutions

adamnuh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Andrew_Delaney  turns out it was very much doable and the web connector wasn't required.

I used the URL IS modifier

LOAD *
FROM [lib://Web Connection to Intranet Library Page]
(url is [http://fullwebaddress/$(vNameofWorkbook).xlsx]
, ooxml, embedded labels, table is '$(vNameofSheet)')