Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_long
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Monitoring App Error - CGenericConnection: QvConnect failed to connect to pipe in timely manner

This discussion is to document a support case I had with Qlik that was recently resolved.  I couldn't find any specific documentation in the Qlik community (or Google in general) that assisted with the resolution.

ISSUE:

After upgrading Qlik Sense last year and implementing the new monitoring apps (Operations, Licence, Reloads & Sessions), these apps would not reload.  An initial error was resolved by inserting the correct qIogs_reader password (QMC > Data Connections > Qlogs).

I was getting then getting the following error:

In the Load Editor:

Connector is not responding
     The error occurred here:
     ?

In the Event Viewer/Qlik Logs:

CGenericConnection: QvConnect failed to connect to pipe in timely manner

The monitoring apps use the REST connector for 8 data connections that start with monitor_apps_REST* (QMC > Data Connections).

I recommend that you first see if it is an authentication issue with these connections using the following Qlik help troubleshooting guide found here:

You should also test the REST connector

A. Directly

1. Go to QvRestConnector folder (default C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector )
  2. Run QvRestConnector.exe as administrator
  3. Put this url (http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address=1600+Amphitheatre+Parkway,+Mountain+View,+CA...) on URL field
  4. Select "Anonymous" on Authentication Schema << Authentication
  5. Click "Test Connection"

B. By Creating a New App and REST data connection using the above settings

In my case, the REST connector was not responding and was giving the following error message:

"The connector is not responding. Contact your system administrator"

Many other resolutions were tried, with amending the REST connector configuration files and performing a Qlik Sense repair but were ultimately unsuccessful.

RESOLUTION:

By this time the case had been open for 3 months.  In my research I saw articles relating to issues caused by anti-virus software and this seem to be my last try before attempting a total reinstall.  I used the Qlik Support KB article found here and requested that my customer's IT department create anti-virus exceptions for the following Qlik Sense server folder locations:

C:\QlikShare [Shared Persistence Folder]

C:\Program Files\Qlik

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik

C:\ProgramData\Qlik

C:\Users\[Qlik Service Account]\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp

After this, the REST connector tested successfully and the monitoring apps reloaded without issue.  For what it's worth, the customer was using the McAfee Endpoint Security application.  I hope my experience assists others with the same or similar issues.

0 Replies