Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving Data from Rackspace to AWS takes a long time.

Hello ,

I have to move data ( over 100 million rows) from Sql Server 2014 Enterprise Server (On Rackspace) to Qlik Sense Server 3.1 (on AWS).

I find that it seems to take a long time and in between will  throw a QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA as well.. (When this error comes up, I start the Load again and it works.. )

For Eg : It took over 40 mins to move 4 million rows from Server to Server, while it took 35 mins to move 8+ millions rows from the Server to Qlik Sense Desktop version on my laptop. I used the exact same Load statements in both scenarios.

Is there anything I am missing here? ... I hope I have put in all required information for your guidance...

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Simy

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think there's anything Qlik Sense can do about it. You'll have to sort this out with the network admins of Rackspace and AWS.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

I will work with our network admins on it..

Could you give an approximate expected rate (eg X million rows in Y Mins) that is usually seen , so I am aware of the expected range.

I understand there are a lot of variables to be considered here but on average , and with your experience, what rate is considered acceptable and what will be considered "Slow".

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Simy