Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Notification Connector Attach File - Access Denied

Hi.  I was just trying to use the Notification connector.  In a simple test it works fine.  However, when attempting to attach a file, or use a file for the message, I get an error:  'Access to path C:\Test\Test.txt is denied'.  I have checked the security and changed it to allow 'everyone' full control for the Test folder and the file.  But still get the error.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You now need to allow access in one of the QWC config files. Be careful though, as the * does not work as you might expect. There is a thread on this in the Community somewhere. Can't remember the details off the top of my head though.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You now need to allow access in one of the QWC config files. Be careful though, as the * does not work as you might expect. There is a thread on this in the Community somewhere. Can't remember the details off the top of my head though.

Steve

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

As Steve correctly mentioned you need to edit the config file, which you can see details of here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Administer/Advanced-co...

The section of interest to you is towards the bottom.

Thanks,
Darren

Lead Product Designer - Qlik Web Connectors

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Steve.  I didn't even think to consider config files.

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Darren.  Perhaps the online help for the connectors needs to refer to the config file changes.  I did review the help quite a bit, but I didn't find any references to the ini file change needed..

Anyway, thanks for the pointer!