Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahell39
Contributor III
Contributor III

OCBC Connector MySQL in Qlik Sense HUB

Dear All,

Can you aid in a matter. I just recently started the Qlik Sense trial period, and need to connect to my data via a ODCB MySQL connector. I managed to this in the Desktop version, via installing the connector locally, but I am having issues with the HUB part due to the fact that I don't have the connector there. Is there any way I can install it in HUB or do I have to setup up a local Qlik Sense server?

Thx! 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

hi @Rahell39 

You can use MYSQL connection directly instead of use ODBC.

MayilVahanan_0-1607509919034.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

AdamBSnotused
Partner - Contributor III

The way Qlik want you to manage this is to continue with Qlik Sense Desktop - authorized from your QS SaaS and download and use the Qlik DataTransfer - an on-prem utility that allows you to push data into the SaaS environment.  From what I saw recently, this is the most secure way.  Qlik DataTransfer is available from your account interface on SaaS.   Go here for video and notes https://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlik-data-transfer 

Account ceded to Insight Consulting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

hi @Rahell39 

You can use MYSQL connection directly instead of use ODBC.

MayilVahanan_0-1607509919034.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
AdamBSnotused

The way Qlik want you to manage this is to continue with Qlik Sense Desktop - authorized from your QS SaaS and download and use the Qlik DataTransfer - an on-prem utility that allows you to push data into the SaaS environment.  From what I saw recently, this is the most secure way.  Qlik DataTransfer is available from your account interface on SaaS.   Go here for video and notes https://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlik-data-transfer 

Account ceded to Insight Consulting
Rahell39
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thx guys, both solutions work. @MayilVahanan I tried it initial but I was getting and error due to the fact the one of my IP was blacklisted. So after talking with the ADMIN, it worked. Sadly there is no way to have an ODCB connection in cloud version. Here @AdamBSnotused  can be a work around.