Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHSC
Contributor
Contributor

ODBC SQL Server time out

Hi everyone,

We're getting a time out error connecting to our SQL Server database through ODBC.

The ODBC setup on the workstations are fine.  Within in report, report tries to connect, times out, then the SQL Server login box.  Click ok and everything loads good.

I'm thinking I just need to extend the connection time.  Are we able to do that?

Thanks 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @LHSC ,

This post may help you to change the timeout time for ODBC connects to SQL Server.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Qlik-Sense-Timeout-loading-data-from-SQL/td-p/1219179

I hope this helps.

KIRTHI
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for the timeout parameters that helps with connection

Error message:

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]E: SqlStat: HYT00 NativeError:0 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Query timeout expired (PcbMsg: 63) [1020102] (sqlserver_log_processor.c:4304)

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]E: Unknown '0' native error detected while SQL_ERROR is flagged / SQLSTATE is not empty. [1020102] (sqlserver_log_processor.c:4305)

[SOURCE_CAPTURE ]E: Encountered an unexpeceted error. [1020102] (sqlserver_endpoint_capture.c:1043)