Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VANNI
Contributor II
Contributor II

ODBC SQL connection problem with Qlik Sense Data Transfer

Hello
I am a business consultant. I have been using Qlik View for 15 years. I have done various tests over the past few years with qlik sense desktop. I have now started using Qlik Sense Business (which is Saas type).

I have problems connecting ODBC with a SQL Server through Qlik Sense Data transfer , problems that do not exists if I use View or Sense Desktop.

In Sql Server Express 19 on local I have System Data base and two test data base (LENOVOTEST and School)

VANNI_0-1615887715996.png

I have activated a ODBC DSN  named LENOVO with the latest driver.

VANNI_2-1615889158887.png

When I use ODB connection with Qlik View I can access to all DB's and tables of each DB
VANNI_1-1615888263583.png

When I use ODBC from Qlik Sense Desktop I can access to all DB's and all tables of each DB
I can find the database LENOVOTEST and I can select  the owner (dbo) and then select the table

VANNI_4-1615889414995.png

Now, when I tried to use Data Transfer to upload table with ODBC SQL it is possible only for the tables in systems SQL DB (i.e. master , model, msdb, tempdb)

VANNI_5-1615890373115.png

because when you select a different table it is impossible to enter the owner for the reason that this part remain inactive, the box remains under intensified

VANNI_6-1615890665865.png
I tried in two different PC environment and I obtained the same result.

Has anyone already had this problem and can help me to solve it?

Many Thanks 
Vanni Pancaldi

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

0 Replies