Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.
I am loading data from Jira to Qlik Sense via Rest Connector. Basically, I use only one request, where I pull a specific jql search. It works like a charm for most of the extracted fields, but not for "issue links" field. Jira API returns issue links as a nested object in the response. This object is parsed correctly only if the response contains just a few issues (up to 13, not all of them have issue links). Once the response contains higher number of issues, issue links are not parsed by the connector and I only get a "@values" field, which is empty. I need to load thousands of issues.
Does anybody have any idea what could be a root cause for this and how could I load issue links for all relevant issues? Thank you!
When I load only a few issues:
When I load more issues:
By looking at the documentation more closely (SELECT statement syntax with the REST Connector ‒ Qlik Connectors) I think it has something to do with "ArrayValueAlias" setting, but I'm don't know what exactly. The select statement contains:
"@Value" AS "@Value_u0",
FROM "issuelinks" FK "__FK_issuelinks" ArrayValueAlias "@Value_u0"),
So maybe the problem is more with the data itself, possibly an issue containing more issue links so it confuses the connector. I managed to come up with a workaround by creating a connection which worked as I expected (so only a few issues), then I created a select statement and then I updated the connection to include all required issues. So now the select statements has proper select for issue links:
"id" AS "id_u12",
"self" AS "self_u12",
[several subselects for link type, inward issues, outward issues, status, etc.]
FROM "issuelinks" PK "__KEY_issuelinks" FK "__FK_issuelinks"),
A bit clumsy to come up with but it works.
yes, this was my first thought when starting the project. However, I've got confused because I did not see Jira connector among beta connectors in my installation. It was out for some time and it came back in later version and I did not check. So I thought, well, maybe Qlik is not developing Jira connector anymore. My bad.
Anyway, this is still not really an option for me until the connector comes out of beta, since beta connectors expire and there's no clear guidance from Qlik... I'd prefer not base production solution on beta connector.
Hello, I use the following script for pagination and it works perfect
CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvRestConnector.exe;url=https://jira.XXXXX.XX/rest/api/2/search;timeout=30;method=GET;sendExpect100Continue=True;autoDetectR...;
queryParameters=jql%2project%%2XXXXXXX and updated>%%22019-09-01;