Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator

Pulling table data from a dynamic table on the web

I'm trying to pull in the list of companies listed online at this url:

https://www.tmxmoney.com/en/research/listed_company_directory.html

However, the table defaults to nothing and then using the buttons at the top you can switch to see TSX and TSX Venture companies. What I would like is to select TSX Venture and then the recently delisted companies and pull that table. But I'm not sure how to do that, or to insert a url into qlik sense which makes the table appear with that configuration.

The buttons alter the table using a href = # functions, but I'm not sure how to use that in the configuration of the url to get what I want.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

R

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst I am sure one could screen scrape the data off, in the web site T's & C's it says

In no event shall you publish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise reproduce any QuoteMedia Information in any format to anyone

So I do not think it would be legal to do so.

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

I am looking at the data to determine which companies to pull from a different data source, so as I see it, I am not publishing, re transmitting, redistributing or reproducing it to anyone, I am only using it to inform what to look at somewhere else and then presenting just those data points from an alternate data source. So I think it would be fine but it doesn't seem like anyone will suggest a way anyway, ah well.