Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator

Pulling table data from a dynamic table on the web

I'm trying to pull in the list of companies listed online at this url:

https://www.tmxmoney.com/en/research/listed_company_directory.html

However, the table defaults to nothing and then using the buttons at the top you can switch to see TSX and TSX Venture companies. What I would like is to select TSX Venture and then the recently delisted companies and pull that table. But I'm not sure how to do that, or to insert a url into qlik sense which makes the table appear with that configuration.

The buttons alter the table using a href = # functions, but I'm not sure how to use that in the configuration of the url to get what I want.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

R

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst I am sure one could screen scrape the data off, in the web site T's & C's it says

In no event shall you publish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise reproduce any QuoteMedia Information in any format to anyone

So I do not think it would be legal to do so.

richard_cioci
Creator
Creator
Author

I am looking at the data to determine which companies to pull from a different data source, so as I see it, I am not publishing, re transmitting, redistributing or reproducing it to anyone, I am only using it to inform what to look at somewhere else and then presenting just those data points from an alternate data source. So I think it would be fine but it doesn't seem like anyone will suggest a way anyway, ah well.