Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik DataTransfer - not able to create a data connection "could not create connection"

Hi, getting an error below when trying to connect to an ODBC driver. I've also tried other connection types i.e. SQL Server, with the same error 

Carl_Hunter_0-1625599499060.png

I've checked the logs (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\DataTransfer\Log\DataUploadService), and the following is reported:

24 20210706T202138.755+0100 localhost 4.0.0 Global INFO Data Upload Service listening on: https://127.0.0.1:5505
25 20210706T202200.074+0100 localhost 4.0.0 Global ERROR Error: Connection ID 0 couldn't be found.
26 20210706T202200.074+0100 localhost 4.0.0 Global ERROR Error: Connection ID 0 couldn't be found.
at Object.getConnection (C:\Program Files\Qlik\DataTransfer\DataUploadService\index.js:214:146212)
at async getDatasetById (C:\Program Files\Qlik\DataTransfer\DataUploadService\index.js:471:94376)
at async createConnection (C:\Program Files\Qlik\DataTransfer\DataUploadService\index.js:471:90781)

I've tried rebooting the server, stop/starting services to no avail 

Any ideas Qlik guys and gals? 

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Qlikstu
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks for raising this Carl. I have the same issue 😉

I tested the ODBC connection on Qlik Sense Desktop (I am using SQLite) and it works fine so not sure where to go on this next....

Stu

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I've reported it as a fault to support but not heard anything back yet @Qlikstu 

The workaround was to type something in the username/password box. For some reason, QDT wants credentials even though the driver takes care of the authentication. Not sure why as it works fine in Desktop...

Qlikstu

Thanks for raising this with support Carl. I tried the workaround you suggested and typing "some text" in the U/P fields, but alas I still got the same error. 

inge12
Contributor
Contributor

Did you already find a solution?

I have the same problem

JolaQ
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have the same issue.

No solution?

inge12
Contributor
Contributor

I had that the password needed to be ODBC.

JolaQ
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

You used the same username as in the ODBC connection but switched out the password to "ODBC"? 

Did not work for me. 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Thanks for this one @Carl_Hunter! It actually helped and for me you can mark this solution as solved.

A bit more about my specific case:

I wanted to access a Microsoft Access Database (accdb) with Qlik Data Transfer. While setting up a 32bit and 64bit User and System DSN, it all didn't work.

I entered a fake name and password and with that, the connection succeeded. At the end we used the 64bit, System DSN.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
mattias
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have the same issus as well. Running Data Transfer November 2022. Got it to work randomly 1 time but never since. Any ideas?

Solved it with blank space for user and password