Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense Business / QCS - SharePoint Connector missing functionality?

Hi there, it seems on QCS/Qlik Sense Business, you are not able to import data from a file (i.e. an excel spreadsheet) within a Document Library. This is possible from Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. 

On Windows, there is an option to "GetFile" - see below

QSE WindowsQSE Windows

But this is missing from Qlik Sense Business

Qlik Sense BusinessQlik Sense Business

Has anyone else come across this issue?

4 Replies
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

This knowledgebase article describes the steps from QSE on Windows https://support.qlik.com/articles/000068718 which demonstrates the missing functionality. 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Carl,

Yes, I've come up against this also and spent quite a while trying to make it work. You can load from lists in Sharepoint, but not from files stored on Sharepoint, either directly ot by downloading to another location (such as DataFiles) first. 

I have raised this with @chrisbrain at Qlik, and he has confirmed that it is a current shortcoming.  He has also agreed that Sharepoint folders should be mounted as a Web File connector (like Dropbox or S3). No idea when we are likely to see this appear though. 

I will update here if ihear anything. 

Cheers, 

Steve

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi @stevedark, thanks. I've tried a few different ways to access SP files to no avail. Francisco from Qlik Support confirm the bug / missing functionality yesterday and have added to the R&D list (Support call ref 01992087 if anyone from Qlik R&D are reading this 😉).

Hopefully it will be addressed soon, as, this is one of the areas we need to be functional to compete with other solutions in our market, mentioning no names. 

baltazarj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same issue with me. I hope Qlik R&D has already a solution for this issue.