Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-Kayanga
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik sense Qvd flag

Is there a tool or a process that anyone is using that can email or flag qvds with very little or possibly no data or a flag for outlier qvds?

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please explain little more?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Alex-Kayanga
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I recently had a data load that had ran successfully from the DWH-ETL to QVD( like normal) However the qvds was empty, this went on for a few days. I found the root cause and the problem was fixed. The problem was in the ETL tool. And I have had the opposite problem in the past( a double data load) and the problem was fixed. Which makes me wonder if there is a process/ Qlik sense feature that can flag qvds with very little or possibly no data or flag outlier qvds.

marcus_sommer

You may use functions like filesize() or qvdnoofrecords() within a daily or any other scheduled loop over all your qvd's (take a look within the help to for each ... how you could loop over multiple folder/files) and measure the differences between the current and previous runs. If it hit any defined threshold you may highlight them in any way and/or create any actions (per macros, alerts, ...) to inform you and other.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@Alex-Kayanga I think the only other option would be the Qlik Catalog product:

https://www.qlik.com/us/products/data-integration-products

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.