Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik sense

Hi All,

Right now i am working on a Qlik sense app .I need to use this app as a Binary load in another app so that I can only create visualisation in that app.

Is this possible ? Since to take binary we need to store the .qvf file 

Is there any possibility that I can take Binary of the app (by Id) present in same stream or different stream.

Please help me out !!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Binary loads are possible, but they work by basically replicating the data model of the referenced app. In the Server they are still sperate app.

Binary [lib://Apps/'App ID'];

Apps is a connections library set up to point to where the apps are stored on your server

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Binary loads are possible, but they work by basically replicating the data model of the referenced app. In the Server they are still sperate app.

Binary [lib://Apps/'App ID'];

Apps is a connections library set up to point to where the apps are stored on your server

Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Mark !!

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Mark_Little 

Binary load from files in the Qlik Sense Shared folder are not supported:

Binary Loads in Qlik Sense, Binary load fails with error Cannot open file or General Script Error 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Binary-Loads-in-Qlik-Sense-Binary-load-fails-with-error-Cann...

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks @NadiaB 

I will keep that it mind, but we have never had any problems with it 

Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mark,

Please clear me one thing, when you say " Where the apps are stored on your server"  does this mean the App which i need Binary of should be stored in my server as .qvf file ?