Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik sense

Hi All,

Right now i am working on a Qlik sense app .I need to use this app as a Binary load in another app so that I can only create visualisation in that app.

Is this possible ? Since to take binary we need to store the .qvf file 

Is there any possibility that I can take Binary of the app (by Id) present in same stream or different stream.

Please help me out !!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Binary loads are possible, but they work by basically replicating the data model of the referenced app. In the Server they are still sperate app.

Binary [lib://Apps/'App ID'];

Apps is a connections library set up to point to where the apps are stored on your server

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Binary loads are possible, but they work by basically replicating the data model of the referenced app. In the Server they are still sperate app.

Binary [lib://Apps/'App ID'];

Apps is a connections library set up to point to where the apps are stored on your server

Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Mark !!

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Mark_Little 

Binary load from files in the Qlik Sense Shared folder are not supported:

Binary Loads in Qlik Sense, Binary load fails with error Cannot open file or General Script Error 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Binary-Loads-in-Qlik-Sense-Binary-load-fails-with-error-Cann...

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks @NadiaB 

I will keep that it mind, but we have never had any problems with it 

Imbue20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mark,

Please clear me one thing, when you say " Where the apps are stored on your server"  does this mean the App which i need Binary of should be stored in my server as .qvf file ?