Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Or
MVP
MVP

Querying Oracle Fusion Applications with SQL

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to pull data from Oracle Fusion Applications using SQL into Qlik Sense Enterprise. Currently, I am able to pull data from Fusion into files or an external DB and then query that, but I would like to be able to run SQL directly so I can use ODAG to get real-time results for a parameterized query. The end goal is to pull roughly ~10k rows of data into Qlik, based on parameters entered by the user, in real time, and then use an app based on the results.

I've attempted to use a REST connection to pull data via WSDL (SOAP) with the idea that I could then hopefully use the Oracle-side method of injecting the SQL into a BI Publisher data model, running the attached report, and then pulling and parsing the results, but so far I've had no luck at all getting connected. The best I've managed was to get to the point where I am told that authentication is required, but entering authentication details doesn't change that message at all. Using a similar method from other external tools works, but no luck with Qlik's connector.

Has anyone done anything of this nature using Oracle Fusion? I'd love to hear of any approaches taken that actually work, no matter how roundabout, because I'm pretty well stumped right now.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Pablo007
Creator
Creator

Hi @Or ,

There is a connector for Oracle,  it is not  working for oracle Fusion?

Pablo007_1-1724230451986.png

Or
MVP
MVP
Author

Hello @Pablo007 ,

It is not relevant to Oracle Fusion, which is a SaaS offering where direct database access is not available.

Pablo007
Creator
Creator

Sorry I do not have a clue,  

At first We had Problems to define TNSnames.ora 

check also your security policy to see if there is any restriction or you have to register connections

Just in case it helps you

But  best way is that you check with your It department or with Qlik Support.

just drop some lines when you solve it to learnt about it

Thanks and good luck

Or
MVP
MVP
Author

@Pablo007 Thanks for trying, but the issue here isn't connecting to an Oracle database... it's connecting to a SaaS application through its assorted available output options.

kismoflans
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi! Considering Qlik Load Editor's SQL capabilities, I recommend saving the extracted data as QVD files and then pushing it to SaaS using Qlik Data Transfer (QDT). This approach is efficient and can help achieve near real-time results. Once the data is in place, you can use the Load Editor for querying to get the insights you need.

diegozecchini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi! One possibile approach is using BI Publisher within Oracle Fusion to create data models that can execute SQL queries. Once the data model is created, you can use it to generate reports that can be exposed via REST APIs. then QS can connect to these REST APIs to pull in the data. You need to ensure that the data model's REST endpoint is accessible and that the authentication is properly configured. If you're encountering authentication issues, ensure that the Qlik REST connector is correctly configured to handle the authentication required by Oracle Fusion's API. You need to set proper roles and be sure permissions are assigned.