cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmalkowski
Contributor
Contributor

REST API and Request Body type: Connection Error / JSON or XML

I am trying to make a successful connection with the REST API and am struggling with 2 items:

1) The vendor provided a test API site and has options for JSON or XML - which would I use in the request body?

2) When I test the connection I keep getting this connection error:

error.png

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmalkowski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Nadia,

That is correct in that I am trying to create a REST connection.

I added the information in the Query Headers section and the connection was successful!

Now I need to figure out how to load many parts instead of one in the request body.  I will likely have a 100's of parts in a spreadsheet that I need check attributes against.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @bmalkowski 

It seems you are trying to create a REST connection? If so in the connection configurations there is a section "Query Headers" where you can add the necessary headers (example)

Name                       Value
Content-Type        application/json

If that is not the case, could you provide the steps you follow to recreate the issue?

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
bmalkowski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Nadia,

That is correct in that I am trying to create a REST connection.

I added the information in the Query Headers section and the connection was successful!

Now I need to figure out how to load many parts instead of one in the request body.  I will likely have a 100's of parts in a spreadsheet that I need check attributes against.

Thanks again.