Qlik Community

Connectivity & Data Prep

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Announcements
Now Live: Qlik Sense SaaS Simplified Authoring – Analytics Creation for Everyone: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arturomiquelveyrat
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Records missing when loading table

Problem

I'm loading a moderately large table (5M rows, 100 fields) into Qlik Sense from an Oracle database. The reload task is successful, but sometimes, not all rows are loaded. However, if the reload is started from the "Reload data" button in the app's script, all rows are always loaded.

Comments / Hints

  • The loading is done via LOAD *; SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE.
  • The log shows no error.
  • Nobody is using the Oracle table during reload.
  • The number of missing rows is random.
  • Spliting the loading in blocks of, say, 100,000 rows and concatenating helps, but sometimes there are still missing records.


Technical info

  • Qlik Sense version: Server 3.2 SR4
  • Connector:
    • Qlik ODBC Connector Package
    • Driver: Oracle

Any help on this issue will be welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arturomiquelveyrat
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III
Author

I fixed it by using the Oracle OLE DB native connector.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gcecconato
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. When I try to load with a SQL than retrieve 3,646,054 rows,  some records are missing. Running the load once and again, total records loaded are  allways 3,298,900 (347,154 lost!). I solved this issue splitting the loading in blocks and concatenating too. But there are some problem here with Qlik Sense, because the log shows no error.

Technical Info:

  • Qkik Sense June 2017, qliksenserver: 11.11.1
  • Oracle OLE DB Connector
balabhaskarqlik

Check with this:

LOAD *,    

         RecNo() as RecID

FROM YourTableSource;

Then you may debug the missing records from this list into sql.

balabhaskarqlik

May be there are special characters are there in sql.

check this:

Special Characters in the excel makes makes the data truncated when we load into the Qlikview

arturomiquelveyrat
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III
Author

I fixed it by using the Oracle OLE DB native connector.