Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

SAP Report Connector - Empty report Handling

Hi all,

I'm currently extracting SAP data using the SAP Report Connector. But I have an issue with the extraction. The report might not return any data. (as expected and is normal). But it will cause the loading job to fail. Is there a way to handle this? Instead of failing, can it proceed as normal? Prefer not to use the "ErrorMode=0" if possible. I still need to track other errors.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi again,

We (the SAP connector team at Qlik R&D) will investigate if it is possible to set a Connection String Property to ignore error messages when the Report is executed. A number of Reports seems to end with an error message if no rows are found. If the Connection String Property is set to true, the script processing will continue even though an error message is received.

If possible, this feature will be available in the next release of the Report connector. Release date is not decided yet.

Regards,
Håkan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Some Reports creates a spool file even though zero rows are found. The connector should be able to handle those Reports.

Some Reports do not create a spool file when zero rows are found. For the moment the connector will display an error message when such a report is executed. Do you get a message like below in the connector log or do you get another error message?

Error /QTQVC/CALL_REPORT failed after 00:00:01 Key = ERROR (ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Failed to find spool request).

Regards,
Håkan

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

It looks like the Report is cancelled when no rows are found. It is a strange way to end the report in such a situation. Are you using a standard SAP Report? In that case what is the name of the Report?

If the Report is created by your company, I suggest to change the ABAP code behind the Report and create an empty spool file when no rows are found, instead of cancelling the Report.

Regards,
Håkan

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi again,

We (the SAP connector team at Qlik R&D) will investigate if it is possible to set a Connection String Property to ignore error messages when the Report is executed. A number of Reports seems to end with an error message if no rows are found. If the Connection String Property is set to true, the script processing will continue even though an error message is received.

If possible, this feature will be available in the next release of the Report connector. Release date is not decided yet.

Regards,
Håkan

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Great! Hopefully this can be implemented in future release. Thank you for all the info.
mike_coupal
Contributor
Contributor

We have a Sense app that uses the report connector and it often gives just the heading and no data, so I have it running in a loop until the rowcount is large enough or it reached the 'max loops'. It often fails to refresh the QVD before the main app reads the QVD file and people see 'stale' data. I removed it from the task trigger chain because it failed so often.

This creates many jobs in SAP and doesn't seem like an acceptable solution. The spools in the SAP jobs are deleted and I don't know how to debug the process. The help documentation doesn't mention how to turn on the trace or how to debug this issue.

dangallagherLEV
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update to this question from several years ago?  We extract a lot of data from SAP, and occasionally the report/query doesn't return any data, and the full QlikView report fails.  And there's no information/parameter to get around it.