Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

SOAP response Error via Qlik Rest Connector

Hi, 

I have searched this forum and various Qlik sites for several hours but haven't found what I'm looking for.

My problem is as follows. First some background:

I have established a successful SOAP connection via the Rest connector. I'm building the XML-requests as have been recommended in other posts such as in this one https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Data-Connectivity/REST-CONNECTOR-Override-request-body/td-p....

The connection is successful as I'm getting data (specifically a login ticket) from the web service I'm connecting to, and Qlik correctly interprets this as XML data.

Now to the actual problem:

When I query the web service for actual data (from the General Ledger etc), the response body is pretty big, and there is no built-in method of pagination to use with the web service. When I try the query in Postman, the response gives me the whole response body and it is successful.

When I try the query in the Qlik Sense script it looks like this:

RestConnectorMasterTable:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_Envelope",
(SELECT
"__KEY_Body",
"__FK_Body",
(SELECT
"GetGeneralLedgerDataResult",
"__FK_GetGeneralLedgerDataResponse"
FROM "GetGeneralLedgerDataResponse" FK "__FK_GetGeneralLedgerDataResponse")
FROM "Body" PK "__KEY_Body" FK "__FK_Body")
FROM XML "Envelope" PK "__KEY_Envelope"
WITH CONNECTION (
BODY "$(vRequestBodyGetGeneralLedgerData)"
);

When I load the GetGeneralLedgerDataResponse in a table, I get this single message stored in a field in the loaded table:

"Error: Failed to fill DataSet, , Object reference not set to an instance of an object.,".

It seems that the xml body response can't be parsed correctly, as if it tries to store the entire response in a single cell in the table.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

//Tim

Labels (2)
0 Replies