Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emily-G-Tech
Contributor
Contributor

Script Data Load fails, preview is fine

Using QlikSense cloud, trying to follow this example to manage incrementing data loads

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/step-by-step-s...

I have used this method in our pre-production environment and I know it works but now trying to get it to work on our production environment I am getting errors.

I go into the script editor and create a new connection, select Azure SQL Database, enter the server name, database name and credentials, click 'Test Connection' and get the 'Connection Succeeded' message.  I click Create to create the connection.  Then I click Select Data, browse to the view I am using as my data source and wait for the preview to load, which it does successfully.

I click on Insert Script and then whether I name my table or not (step 7 in the Select Data.. section) when I click Load Data, I get this error message almost immediately:

"Started loading data

Connected

The following error occurred:
(Connector error: Unable to connect to database: Error message: Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: General error)"

I've triple checked that the username and password I have set for my data source are correct, I can use them to log into the database using SSMS and successfully run the exact same SELECT statement as in my script.

I've also tried deleting and creating a number of times but I can't figure out why it can successfully preview this data but not successfully load it into my app.

Can anyone give me any tips to troubleshoot this?
Many thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Emily-G-Tech
Contributor
Contributor
Author

For anyone interested, I've just tried this again today and it worked first time without me changing anything from the last time I tried!  There must have been some sort of issue on the day.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Emily-G-Tech
Contributor
Contributor
Author

For anyone interested, I've just tried this again today and it worked first time without me changing anything from the last time I tried!  There must have been some sort of issue on the day.