Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanW
Contributor
Contributor

Store and reload table

At the moment I load Data with an MDX querry from an Excel Cube to generate a linegraph. After loading the data I generate a usable table which looks like this:

Date: 27.05.2022

Cashflow: 50000.00

timeband: 0Y <= 2Y

The Problem is that not all data is stored in the Cube and only recent data is in there. As soon as 5 dates are stored the oldest one is deleted due to ressource management. 

What I want to do is load the table and append the newest addition of data to a csv that is stored locally and loaded if I want to compare the neweset data to older dates. 

Now the question is, can I define in the load script to append the new data to an existing csv or Excel file or can I as a solution store the most recent date in a new file with the date in the filename and load all those files to compare the dates. 

Thank you for the help in advance.

kind regards Stefan

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruhulessin
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @StefanW,

I would load the file as is and store it as a QVD file.
Next time load in that QVD file and concatenate the data from the Excel Cube where date is larger then the max date in the QVD.
Then store/replace that QVD with the added records to built up your history in that QVD.

-Ruben

I have never done it, so I think I can.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruhulessin

Hi @StefanW,

I would load the file as is and store it as a QVD file.
Next time load in that QVD file and concatenate the data from the Excel Cube where date is larger then the max date in the QVD.
Then store/replace that QVD with the added records to built up your history in that QVD.

-Ruben

I have never done it, so I think I can.