Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2t3m
Contributor
Contributor

Test connection. error applying URI restrictions: No such host is known

Hello!

First of all, I'm a beginner. I'm using Qlik Sense Cloud  and when I setup my MS SQL connection and  test it, I get the following error  : 'Test connection. error applying URI restrictions: No such host is known'. 

I'm using exactly the setup info that I use with another software, which connects without any errors.

I ran a script I found on this forum to make sure I'm using the right server name

Here's the setup info:

Thank you for any suggestion!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, is your MS SQL database accessible via a public IP?

Data connections in Qlik Sense Cloud are executed by a Qlik engine, which are hosted in Qlik Cloud virtual machines. Therefore the engine is unable to see your database server unless it is exposed to the Internet.

BR,

Vu Nguyen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
2t3m
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Help anyone? Thanks!

vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, is your MS SQL database accessible via a public IP?

Data connections in Qlik Sense Cloud are executed by a Qlik engine, which are hosted in Qlik Cloud virtual machines. Therefore the engine is unable to see your database server unless it is exposed to the Internet.

BR,

Vu Nguyen

2t3m
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your help Vu!

My connection is now working. But now that it's available publicly (ok you need the user and password, but now I feel very expose), how would you make sure that only authorized user can access it?

Thanks for your suggestion!