Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II

Update data from query

Good morning,

I have a doubt as to which is the best way to go to periodically upload data through a query to an external DB.

The data that is extracted from the query - every hour - is many.

The DB consists of data from the last 2 years.

Is it possible to perform partial uploads via Qliksense Cloud / Business?

What I wonder is: is it possible to upload or UPDATE, appending the data to an existing table on qlik?

Thank to all

3 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Sadly Qlik Cloud does not support incremental load.

If you are experiencing delays due to the updated data your best bet with Qlik Cloud may be to try Direct Query and do a full reload during lower usage times (i.e. overnight).

alexandernatale
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks @andoryuu for your reply.

I thinks that the Direct Query, in my case, it's not possible because i launch a query with many JOIN ecc.

So I necessarily need a connection with OLEDB / ODBC.

This is a very big limitation of QLikSense Cloud 😞

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

No problem @alexandernatale .  You're right that it's a big limitation.  Hopefully the rectify it soon.  If you have DDL rights on the database (or can replicate/etl the data in a database where you do have DDL rights) you could create a view to direct query and have it pull rows that are >= reloadtime() as this would give you rows that came after the reload of the app.

If either of my answers have satisfied your question please mark them as the answer.  Thanks!