Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzwi
Contributor
Contributor

Various problems in creating data connections with Qlik Sense (cloud)

I am running into several barriers in attempting to establish connectors on Qlik Sense (cloud-based, not desktop) in order to load two database files stored locally on my computer (SQL Server and MS Access).

Problem 1:
When attempting to create a connection to SQL Server, I receive the following error:

Test Connection
Error message:Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties. Description: Client unable to establish connection

Details
ERROR [08001] [Qlik][SqlServer] Failed to locate Server/Instance Specified.

However, I receive the same error message when attempting to connect to the public server information provided by Qlik (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdQu5ZjuRY&list=PLdnQXZq2xRoA7CBXn8wiYB184rP1HzRKe&index=7
).

Many replies on Qlik Community suggest using ODBC or OLE DB as connectors (instead of Microsoft SQL Server).  However, these two are no longer listed as options in the list of Data Sources that Qlik Sense lists as possible connectors.  None of the other posted solutions have worked for me, either

Problem 2:
In attempting to load the MS Access file (for which Qlik Sense offers no connector options), writing a custom CONNECT command in the script editor results in the error message:

The following error occurred:
CONNECTs other than LIB CONNECT are not available in this script mode.

The error occurred here:
ODBC CONNECT TO ***

I have read in Qlik Community posts that one potential solution is to disable the standard mode and enter the legacy mode.  However, this appears to only be an option for Qlik Sense Desktop

Are the any options available to me in Qlik Sense cloud?

Any advice on resolving these issues would be much appreciated.
Labels (3)
2 Replies
pbriggs11
Contributor II
Contributor II

Running into same issue as well...

lucasjeffe
Contributor
Contributor

Creating data connections in Qlik Sense Cloud can sometimes be challenging, and users may encounter various problems during the process. Here are some common issues and potential solutions:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdQu5ZjuRY&list=PLdnQXZq2xRoA7CBXn8wiYB184rP1HzRKe&index=7

1. Content Strategies
  2. Authentication Errors: One of the most common problems is related to authentication when connecting to data sources. Double-check that you are using the correct credentials (username, password, API keys, etc.) to access the data source.
  3. Firewall and Network Restrictions: If your data source is behind a firewall or has restricted access, you may face connectivity issues. Ensure that the necessary ports are open, and network restrictions are properly configured to allow data traffic.

4. Unsupported Data Sources: Qlik Sense Cloud may not support certain data sources natively. Check the list of supported data sources and consider using Qlik Connectors or Qlik Web Connectors to access unsupported data types.