Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ŁukaszSiemiradzki
Contributor II
Contributor II

What is the latest MongoDB version supported?

This documents states that latest version of MongoDB supported is 4.2. Anyone tried 4.4? If so - are there any problems? Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ŁukaszSiemiradzki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't touch 4.4 directly as of now, we are moving fully to MongoDB Connector for BI.

BI connector gives you better support for SQL and some optimizations (try observing the queries which are being send directly and via BI connector).

If you have such option - just ignore direct access and go for BI connector. From what I see it also supports 5.0.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @ŁukaszSiemiradzki 

Just keep in mind that if you chance the binaries under the Qlik ODBC package path it will become an unsupported connector.

The best option would be to download a native driver and use ODBC DSN in order to prevent any chances in the Qlik ODBC package folder.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
ŁukaszSiemiradzki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was not planning to update Qlik ODBC package, rather just MongoDB instance from 4.2 to 4.4 (the newest is 5.0.1 at the time of writing).

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi ,

Did you try connecting to MongoDB 4.4? We are also facing issue with versions. Our application team has upgraded to 4.4 in test environment. I tried connecting and is working. But not sure if this is production ready.

ŁukaszSiemiradzki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't touch 4.4 directly as of now, we are moving fully to MongoDB Connector for BI.

BI connector gives you better support for SQL and some optimizations (try observing the queries which are being send directly and via BI connector).

If you have such option - just ignore direct access and go for BI connector. From what I see it also supports 5.0.

Good luck!

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through MONGODB BI connector.  But I received a mail from mongodb saying its available only with MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription. Are you subscribed to the same. Is it expensive?

ŁukaszSiemiradzki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As far as I know, it doesn't require MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription. At least I was able to download it and use it.