Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pablo_Aimar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Why are we using a thirdy party platform like Adverity?

Hi,

I'm very new to all this, having just completed basic Qlik Continuous Classroom training.   Please bear with me.

I work at an advertising agency, and our Qlik solution is managed by an outsourced agency.  My main sources of data are: Google Campaign Manager (formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager), SearchAds360, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, and an SFTP feed from our outsourced agency that handles our Programmatic Adveritising (website banner ads).

I think I have a decent understanding of this data model .  Before my Qlik training, I'm the one that had to get and put all this stuff together in our analysis and reports.  Painstakingly, by hand, using spreadsheets.

My question:  Why have our outsourced agency decided to use the Adverity platform?  Why does most of our data pass through this platform first, before it reaches Qlik Sense?  Is the answer simply because Qlik Sense does not currently have the necessary API connectors for the data sources I listed above?

In general, why would you use platforms like Adverity, Datorama, and owox.com with Qlik Sense? What they advertise, it appears to me Qlik already has those capabilities built in? What piece of knowledge am I missing here?

your insights are appreciated.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Pablo_Aimar 

Sense can connect to just about any data source, but some are easier than other to get to. I've connected to some of the ones you mention, but not all. A chunk of time would need to be put into building the load for each of the different sources.

Adverity will be collating the data and putting it all into a single source so that a single load into Qlik will have the data from all of your sources. This will save your agency time with building loads for all of the different sources. If they can convince all of their clients to use (and I presume pay for) Adverity then their life will be much easier.

If you were going from scratch, and you have the time and access to Qlik Community, then you could build each load independently. It almost certainly won't be a good idea to remove Adverity from the mix after everything has been already created - unless there would be a substantial cost saving in doing so.

Hope that helps.

Steve 

View solution in original post

Pablo_Aimar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@stevedarkthank-you for taking the time to answer my question.  It is much appreciated.  So my understanding now is the connectors are needed; you refer to these as 'loads'.  In addtion, third-party platforms like Adverity collate the data you say.  In other words, they aggregate the data, or as they like to sell it, 'harmonise' the data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Pablo_Aimar 

Sense can connect to just about any data source, but some are easier than other to get to. I've connected to some of the ones you mention, but not all. A chunk of time would need to be put into building the load for each of the different sources.

Adverity will be collating the data and putting it all into a single source so that a single load into Qlik will have the data from all of your sources. This will save your agency time with building loads for all of the different sources. If they can convince all of their clients to use (and I presume pay for) Adverity then their life will be much easier.

If you were going from scratch, and you have the time and access to Qlik Community, then you could build each load independently. It almost certainly won't be a good idea to remove Adverity from the mix after everything has been already created - unless there would be a substantial cost saving in doing so.

Hope that helps.

Steve 

Pablo_Aimar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@stevedarkthank-you for taking the time to answer my question.  It is much appreciated.  So my understanding now is the connectors are needed; you refer to these as 'loads'.  In addtion, third-party platforms like Adverity collate the data you say.  In other words, they aggregate the data, or as they like to sell it, 'harmonise' the data.