Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_vince
Contributor
Contributor

grant_type not supported for REST POST

Hi there!

I'm working with Qlik  Sense on connecting a Learning Management System with Qlik to retrieve learner data. So far, so good. But the connection is OAuth token based, which requires me to create and send a new token every time.

I found out how to, theoretically, POST my credentials for obtaining a new token and later use the token for my GET requests in creating different connections.

So I set up a new connection, added my request URL, set the method to POST, added my request body and set the content-type of the header to application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Unfortunately, after adding all my credentials and needed information to request body of the POST request, it shows me  

"HTTP protocol error 400 (Bad Request): {"error":"unsupported_grant_type","error_description":"Grant type not supported"}"

all the time. 

I tried sending the same request via Postman and got the wished for outcome, the Token. But I'm almost losing my mind as I can't figure out what else I need to set up or what I'm missing here. I tried out different formats in sending the body as well, but got "grant_type not specified" before. 

This is my structure of the body request:

request body.png

This is the header I'm sending:

Query headers.png

I very much appreciate some help 🙂

Labels (2)
4 Replies
viliam_vacula
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

any solution to this? We are facing EXACTLY the same problem.

Thanks.

kp_varian
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can you share the solution on this? 

Much appreciated.

Thanks

mr_vince
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately there was no way in making this happen in the Qlik connector. I ended up writing a python script with the credentials that is creating the token and saving the token on a given location as CSV. The python script runs every hour via an external service and I just pick up the token from the CSV and use it as a variable in my Qlik script

Brian_Robertson
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I was faced with the same challenge, got it to work with & as a separator.

Try this:

grant_type=password&username=APIXXXXXXX&password=12345&client_ID=customerAPI