Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlc
Contributor
Contributor

shared space changing the name

Hello,

once I changed the name on my shared space in Qlik sense saas enterprise the data loads failed as the load editor still has the old file paths with the previous name of the space.

I do not want to unlock the auto script to fix this as I prefer o use the data manger.

my apps have lots of excel data files connected and I cannot reapply all these.

please can someone tell me how I alter the file paths as I would have though this would be automatic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

You can break the lock to correct the lib names and then reestablish the lock so you can continue using the Data Manager in the future. 

After making your changes, go to the Data Manager tab and press the "Run load script" button

RunLoadScript.png

It will show all of your tables as though they aren't associated, and the bottom of the screen will have the magic button you need to "Synchronize scripted tables." Simply press it and you will be back in business. 

Synchronize.png

Remember, changing Space names would be like changing directory names in Windows. Any/all code that is text based and has the old names would have to be manually changed. Fortunately the data manager generates the code that allows it to be re-synchronized. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

You can break the lock to correct the lib names and then reestablish the lock so you can continue using the Data Manager in the future. 

After making your changes, go to the Data Manager tab and press the "Run load script" button

RunLoadScript.png

It will show all of your tables as though they aren't associated, and the bottom of the screen will have the magic button you need to "Synchronize scripted tables." Simply press it and you will be back in business. 

Synchronize.png

Remember, changing Space names would be like changing directory names in Windows. Any/all code that is text based and has the old names would have to be manually changed. Fortunately the data manager generates the code that allows it to be re-synchronized. 

mattlc
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I will give a go thanks

Always read that unlocking the load editor cannot be undone so was worried I would not be able to ever use data manager  again