Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

Data Preparation issue in Studio - problems with tDataprepRun

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help regarding this error I recently encountered.

While running a Job that accesses a Data Preparation, the Job, somehow, "lost" its connection with the DP.

I say "lost" because it is the ONLY Data Preparation I have and yet, after sending 98 records to it, it returned 0 (zero) records. There was no error message, no error indication that something was not right.

Has someone ever come across such a situation?

What steps must I follow to prevent this problem

in the future?

0695b00000kUiaWAAS.png

My solution to overcome this error was to choose the same (and only) Preparation I had.

0695b00000kUihNAAS.png

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate any ideas you might have on this matter.

Cheers,

Rui

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

First, make sure you have click the 'Fetch schema' button to retrieve the schema of the preparation. No data will be passed to next component if the schema is empty. It may be a connectivity issue, check if you need proxy to access the URL from browser.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

First, make sure you have click the 'Fetch schema' button to retrieve the schema of the preparation. No data will be passed to next component if the schema is empty. It may be a connectivity issue, check if you need proxy to access the URL from browser.

Regards

Shong

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ ,

Thank you for the input.

I will have that in mind.

Rui