Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe1
Contributor II
Contributor II

DataMasking by users

Hi,

I have few questions concerning datamasking before upgrading to a subscription version:

If I want some users to have access to some columns or tables in AS400 DB, can the access rules be defined in Talend in which unauthorized users will see masked data while authorized ones see the actual data?

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems you are looking for data stewardship feature. The data stewardship UI allows a user with access permission of a Data steward to see the details of all tasks which are either unassigned or assigned to him.

Regarding of talend data masking, basically the whole idea is to mask data but keep a way to retrieve back the original data, and so with it the link in your request.

Please refer to this page about component reference.

TalendHelpCenter:tDataMasking

Best regards

Sabrina

Moe1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply, is there a way to test the data stewardship? If yes which Talend flavor should I download?

Also can I combine both stewardship and masking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

At a first step, could you please have a look at our product page?

https://www.talend.com/products/data-stewardship/ and https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-management-platform/

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would rather go with the DI/DQ part and leverage the different data masking components part of a dedicated job, especially:

Regards,

Patrick

Moe1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@xdshi @ppeinoit Thank you both, I did read all the contents of the above links, however I could not find how to limit access/mask data to a database columns or tables i.e.(AS400 DB2 Tables) through data stewardship... I want to make sure if this feasible and test it before commencing with any upgrade from my side.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By reading your use case, I would say that Data Stewardship is not the good fit here. That's why I would rather handle it through standard masking components part of dedicated Studio jobs.

Moe1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Those standard masking components can limit access by user, noting that the user is AS400 user? Is there a way I can test it?