Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAA999
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to read a files from linux server without coping on your local directory

Gurus,

We have a requirement to read the files from the Remote Server (Linux) and have to load them into the Target table.I don't want to copy the files on the  local directory., I played around with several components as described in the manual and also tried the  tFileFetch  which has the ftp option. But there is no description on how to use it. If someone can provide an input would be helpful.

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that this method works so long as you get your connection settings correct.....

https://help.talend.com/reader/KxVIhxtXBBFymmkkWJ~O4Q/Vr3wYVdxbfcjeba~qekWDw

It can be a bit fiddly though. The example is demonstrating HTTP, but you can make use of SMB for linux. 

AAA999
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried using both the smb and ftp option in tFileFetch component but I am getting error when executing the job. We will be deploying the jobs on production server and reading from local directory is not an option.

Easy to read and process file when using other etl tools.

Please see attached files for design and error. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ftp_Tfilefetch_Error.JPG
Ftp_Tfilefetch_JobDesign.JPG
SMB_Tfilefetch_Error.JPG
SMB_Tfilefetch.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AAA999,

Your connection details appear to be incorrect or you are not permitted to access the machine you are trying to reach. Is there blacklisting or whitelisting used on this machine? The FTP error message says that you connection has been refused. Unfortunately it is really difficult to identify connection issues with any tool if you don't have access to it