Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use of Talend Open Studio for Data Quality:

Is there a configuration change that can be made in 7.2 to save all the SQL that was executed in the SQL History list?  This behavior exists in v5.2 ind is very handy to search back in time to rerun a query without having to save each one individually,  I copied the v5.3 SQLHistory.XML file under v7.2 and can see my old history, but it does not get updated with new history.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you referring to this feature:TalendHelpCenter: SQL History view?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, however...
In previous versions the SQL History was retained after Talend was closed, without specifically 'saving' a SQL to a filename under the DQ Repository. When you opened Talend again, the SQL History from prior days would be listed in the interface. In v7.2, your SQL History for the current session can be viewed under SQL History, however, after closing and reopening Talend, the SQL History is empty.

I'd like to know if there is a configuration changed that saves 'all' the SQL History. BTW, when I copied the SQLHistory.xml file from 5.2 to 7.2, I can view my old SQL History, however, any new SQL is not saving to that file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, however...
In previous versions the SQL History was retained after Talend was closed, without specifically 'saving' a SQL to a filename under the DQ Repository. When you opened Talend again, the SQL History from prior days would be listed in the interface. In v7.2, your SQL History for the current session can be viewed under SQL History, however, after closing and reopening Talend, the SQL History is empty.

I'd like to know if there is a configuration changed that saves 'all' the SQL History. BTW, when I copied the SQLHistory.xml file from 5.2 to 7.2, I can view my old SQL History, however, any new SQL is not saving to that file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In v5.1 the SQL History View retained all your SQL History including dates etc.  See page 325 in the documentation: https://docs.huihoo.com/talend/5/TalendOpenStudio_DQ_UG_5.2.1_EN.pdf; I am wanting to know if there is a configuration change that can be made in 7.2 that supports the same functionality.