Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aminegac
Creator
Creator

how can i download data profiling in talend? or show it in perspectives ?

hi , i want to find a way to download what is missing in my TalendOpen Studio . because i needed to use data analyzing which require data profiling which i found out i don't have . i saw a senario in talend guide where they used data analyzing to check duplicates in a file but it requires a perspective and component that i don't find in my Talend Open studio

Is there any way to download all mising features from talend open studio it self (install additional packages show nothing in help section , it loads nothing)

also how to change perspectives to use other features like DATA PROFILING ?

*here is an image showing the only persperctive i have which is "referentiel"

Talend OS 4 yrs / Java 17 Web Dev
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This is Talend Data Management Platform Studio User Guide which is subscription solution not open source.

The data profiling feature is available in talend open studio for Data Quality product.

Here is online download page:

https://www.talend.com/products/data-quality/data-quality-open-studio/

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

12 Replies
aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

https://help.talend.com/reader/W1a4vDPLGXOhaS564poj_g/LOnYLi57Z5wqNPxBMX~rfg

here is a link to the componenets that i can't find anywhere in my talend open studio

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This is Talend Data Management Platform Studio User Guide which is subscription solution not open source.

The data profiling feature is available in talend open studio for Data Quality product.

Here is online download page:

https://www.talend.com/products/data-quality/data-quality-open-studio/

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

okay now i get it .

i already have that software in the link you provided 🙂 thank you .

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

you can mark this topic as resolved because i cannot find out how to do it from my side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

thank you again , i noticed something in your guides that always the senario is having some details missing which are sometime crucial to the beginner that make them unable to do the same senario or to properly use the componenet .

i mean like saying use Xcomponent without going through that X details and how to configure its options .

So,I highly recommend updating your website because many screenshots of components are very old . i recommend adding the possibility that users can suggest modifications and add some guides to the guide sections , and moderators approve the modification or decline it . so at least the guide of Talend Open Studio will be enriched by users who found solutions or senario that are not detailed in the guide itself.

CrankyRat
Contributor
Contributor

The data quality component does not exist in the free version as far as I can see. I wish they would stop implying that it does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry for any bad experience. Would you mind more specific giving us related documentations or references links that implying the data quality components exist in the free version? In this way, we could create DOCT jira issue to our documentation team to modify and improve our guides including screenshots, details and so on.

Really thanks for your time!

Best regards

Sabrina

aminegac
Creator
Creator
Author

i have no idea about that , but anyway what you said is a great way to improve UX. 👍