Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

QDF containers in cloud

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you: is that possible to create containers or use QDF scripts stored in cloud drives like Google Cloud Storage, Dropbox etc.?

Thanks a lot!

Brunello

41 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, not at the moment,  but we see the need to enable this. Hope that this can be delivered, but I can not promise anything, as there could be unknowns here.  Regards Magnus

nicolett_yuri

Hey guys, how are you?

We adapted QDF to work through a cloud bucket, such as: Google Cloud Storage, Amazon S3 or Azure Storage.

It was necessary to adapt practically all QDF scripts and functions, because we have Web Connectors functionalities that do not work like a common directory, such as: Search for wildcards, file functions, etc.

Another big challenge was loading the files from the bucket, as if it were any network directory.

We are still carrying out some validations, but soon I will call @Magnus_Berg  so we can make a version available in QDF. Who knows, maybe the rest of the community can help me with this game, what do you think?

thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Yuri,

This sounds great. If you have some code , I can easily test it in a Azure Blob Storage context . 

Regards

Thomas

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

That sounds great @nicolett_yuri ! As soon as you done with the validations we should have a separate branch in git for this version, so we keep on-prem and cloud QDF separate. I will enhance the deploy tool to allow deployment of cloud containers as well. One important thing is to adapt the container structure for cloud so we remove non usable folders like "apps", Think the QDF structure for pure Qlik Sense would be best to use. How do we go forward? Regards Magnus

aritting
Creator
Creator

@Magnus_Berg @rwunderlich I would really like to use my QDF and QVC subroutines! in the qlik cloud 🙂

aritting
Creator
Creator

Has anyone cloned the github repository for this purpose?

aritting
Creator
Creator

Do you have a publicly available repo?

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @aritting  I think this question is more for @nicolett_yuri  🙂

Thanks, Brunello

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@aritting You should be able to use QVC subroutines in the cloud. Is your question regarding how to load the QVD library when running in cloud?

-Rob

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm still not able to make it working.... @nicolett_yuri  could you share your QDF version?

@rwunderlich for your information the problem I'm facing is making QDF properly identifying the container to start from.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Brunello