cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aritting
Creator
Creator

QDF for Qlik Sense Cloud

is there a framework for Qlik Sense Cloud?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi @aritting , there is ongoing work in extending QDF to work with QS in cloud. but It's already possible to run qvs scripts from external storage, as seen below where you first need to create a file data connection to your storage (OneDrive - account).
SET vG.SharedBasePath='lib://MySpace:OneDrive - account/QDF_SaaS/Shared/';
$(include=$(vG.SharedBasePath)InitLink.qvs);

Hope this helps? Regards Magnus

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Akshesh_Patel @Daniele_Purrone Can you help with this quesiton?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi @aritting , there is ongoing work in extending QDF to work with QS in cloud. but It's already possible to run qvs scripts from external storage, as seen below where you first need to create a file data connection to your storage (OneDrive - account).
SET vG.SharedBasePath='lib://MySpace:OneDrive - account/QDF_SaaS/Shared/';
$(include=$(vG.SharedBasePath)InitLink.qvs);

Hope this helps? Regards Magnus

aritting
Creator
Creator
Author

@Magnus_Berg  I created a "Root" mount to S3. I deploy QDF to S3 with custom init script. 

mattnunn1
Contributor
Contributor

@Magnus_Berg : Is there a timeframe for extending QDF to working with Qlik Sense Cloud?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi; Im so sorry for taking long time. My work and family has made this project to suffer, sorry for this. I have uploaded a QDF for cloud Alfa version here https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework-Cloud
There are several thinks to take in consideration:
* Shared container is a must and need to be mapped within the reload script, as seen below:
SET vG.HomeContainer='lib://user:OneDrive - mail/QDF_SaaS/Shared';
$(Include=$(vG.HomeContainer)\InitLink.qvs);
* In this release all folders in external drives need the Info.txt file to be identified as a Global variable
* external drives are really picky on trailing slash, for OneDrive no trailing slash is possible
* To identify containers stored in external drives, the base URL need to be specified in vG.SharedBaseVariablePath/ContainerMap.csv
* To identify spaces as containers just add the space name under vG.SharedBaseVariablePath/ContainerMap.csv

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

This is an early alfa with several bugs and limitations in Qlik Cloud.
* Shared container is a must and need to be mapped within the reload script, as seen below:
SET vG.HomeContainer='lib://user:OneDrive - mail/QDF_SaaS/Shared';
$(Include=$(vG.HomeContainer)\InitLink.qvs);
* In this release all container folders in external drives (folders you want to QDF to identify as Global Variable path) need to include the Info.txt file, as this file identifies the folder as a Global path
* external drives are really picky on trailing slash, for OneDrive no trailing slash is possible
* To identify containers stored in external drives, the base URL need to be specified in vG.SharedBaseVariablePath/ContainerMap.csv
* To identify spaces as containers just add the space name under vG.SharedBaseVariablePath/ContainerMap.csv
* Qlik Cloud spaces has limited support for subfolders, so adding QDF containers to spaces (by same name) only vG.BasePath and vG.QVDPath will work
* Use $(include=$(vG.SharedBasePath)/InitLinkSkip.qvs); to skip executing the initiation code to identify related containers are, this only works when Init has run successful once before in the same location

mattnunn1
Contributor
Contributor

@Magnus_Berg : Thanks so much for providing this. I will test it against our Google Cloud Storage external drive and let you know if I find any bugs.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Np, Ive added more instructions under https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework-Cloud/blob/main/README.md
Please read this as there are several differences how this need to be setup. /Cheers