Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmy
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

QSEoW to Qlik Saas deployment setup

Hi All,

I have a general deployment question for the experts. We are currently looking into a multi-cloud setup for a customer how wants to use the Qlik SAAS environment for it's data viz app build capabilities as also for the data application to be used by viewers/consumers.

He would like to keep his data flow on his QSEoW environment (data loading from diff. systems and storing into QVD's) and store his datamarts to the cloud. Next step, he would setup a binary load from an app that he stores in a shared space on the Qlik SAAS environment and make the necessary front-end changes in Qlik SAAS. He would than publish the app to a managed space so that the end-users can consume the changes.

We investigated the usage of Qlik Data Transfer but this is kinda instable in my opinion and when it's stuck, you don't see it in any dataflow or task process on the QSEoW QMC so for administrator purposes, this is a no-go for a production deployment framework (in this case)

We went for the approach of using Qlik CLI for SAAS in combination with Qlik CLI for windows and implemented a trigger in the datamart scripts for triggering a powershell file to deploy an (export from QSEoW and import in Qlik SAAS) app to saas. BUT 🙂 the qlik app import functionality no longer support AUTOREPLACE mode. so everytime we now import an app, a new app-id is created. which break the binary load in the SAAS environment because this is setup to load from a specific app-id.

I'm kind off stuck in my setup on how to do this for a customer that has a multi-cloud license/setup and want the above approach.

How would you guys approach this request/deployment setup.

Thanks in advance,
Timmy

Labels (4)
0 Replies