Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon_koenen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Access to Hub for users from excel udc not working

Hi @all,

We have set up a user directory connection based on excel to synchronize specific users. The excel file contains password, userid etc. and the users are added to the Qlik Sense userlist after reloading/synchronizing the task. Furthermore we have allocated a cal to one of the new users and added privilege "root admin".

Now we try to connect to the hub/qmc using the user directory "exceluser" and the userid as well as the password set in the excel file but the system refuses the connection with the statement: "The following user is not authenticated."

Login: exceluser\user1
PW: 123

Do we miss something? Is it necessary that the mentioned user in the excel file exists within the Active Directory / local server user directory? 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

So this is expected behavior. Qlik Sense does not do the authentication but rather verify the credential against the authentication system your virtual proxy is connected to. 

By default it's Windows but it can be ticketing, SAML,... 

So to get this working you will need to connect Qlik Sense to an authentication system able to authenticate the users created in your Excel file. 

See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

So this is expected behavior. Qlik Sense does not do the authentication but rather verify the credential against the authentication system your virtual proxy is connected to. 

By default it's Windows but it can be ticketing, SAML,... 

So to get this working you will need to connect Qlik Sense to an authentication system able to authenticate the users created in your Excel file. 

See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
KefangWorker
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,  Bastien,

I have the similar situation. I created the User Directory Connectors with Excel(via ODBC) to avoid the local window account authentication. 

KefangWorker_0-1623876459748.png

After setting it right, by this, I mean that I can see the users included in Excel files show up in QMC/Users. After assigning the license to this Users, e.g. test. 

I try to access the hub with the linke domain-name.com/hub with the authentication Ticket -Windows. However, the user can't log into the hub.

Now, I have the following questions. 

1. Why does my current way not work? 

2. How could we use User Directory Connectors with Excel(via ODBC) to avoid local windows authentication? 

3. I don't understand the authentication of Header authentication static user directory. Before, I thought it  pairs the setting of User Directory Connectors with Excel(via ODBC).  However, from your point, it doesn't. So how do I understand it and set Header authentication static user directory correctly? And in which situations do we use Header authentication static user directory?

Million Thanks &Regards

Kefang