Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlephil
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding multiple local user to QMC

Hello, 

I administrate a QS server, I have a powershell script that creates/update local users from a list of users. 
When there was a few users to add to local users on this server, I logged each one of those newly created manually to QS so that they were visible on the QMC to give them rights and licence.

We own a website providing SSO connection to our customers, so asking them to go and connect for the first time to Qlik is out of the question.

As our business grows, it's taking more and more time to make that first connection manually. I am looking for a workaround.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Merlephill, you could request a core license from your accounting manager and discuss the differences.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

Alternatively, you can use Domain Users rather than local users, and create a UDC to synch these users, and on top of that create license allocation rules so users are allocated a license automatically.

This takes a little more setup and contemplation about how you wish to implement it but will be much more scalable and reduce user admin down the line.

A few articles you may find useful:
Qlik Sense and changing the Active Directory Domain name 

License Maintenance 

Review License Allocations 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
merlephil
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Appropriate for not having to create local users, that's what we have done for our internal users, connecting AD with a user sync task. But still they have to connect to the QMC once, otherwise they do not appear in the QMC's "Users" tab. 

What's the point asking them to connect to a blank hub ? Warning us to give them the appropriate rights & licence (licences and streams are given through custom property allocation), then waiting for a thumbs up from our IT team. 

We would like our users in our AD (or whatever from where they come from) to appear in the QMC's "Users" tab without having to make a first connection to the QS server with their account. 

Alternatively, we would like to know if there is a solution to automate this first connection.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @merlephil ,

What version of Qlik Sense are you using?

Are you sync only existing users or all of the defined on the UDC task? For reference - Synchronizing with user directories ‒ Qlik Sense for administrators

Still it could be interesting to get a CORE license to manage such external and internal users if that is an option.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer