Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you setup a Sense Custer without active directory?

Hi there.

Im wondering if its possible to setup a Sense clsuter with several servers, without an Active directory domain?

Im thinking that i could setup a Windows share on one of the servers and share it with "everyone". Then use local admin-accounts on all servers for the services.

I have tied setting this up with just two nodes in a test enviroment. Eveything installs fine and i had no problem adding the second node to the cluster. However i encontered several problems.

* Every local user on every server would be a seperate user in sense. And that user will only be accessible on the proxy of that server.

* When i add an extra virtual proxy, i cannot access it on any of the two nodes. I get a 404

* I cannot reload an app created on one server, on another server. The Engine log say: "Cannot find the app"

And a whole bunch of other things that just make the enviroment unusable.

The question is. Is there a way to work around this? Or do i need to create a domain JUST for sense? I plan on using SAML and office365 for authentication.

0 Replies