Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrionBaskerville
Contributor II
Contributor II

Custom Session Timeout Error Message

Hello Qlik community

I am trying to change the text of the session timeout error message:

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 9.39.43 AM.png

Following this post and making changes to the client.json and engine.json file seem to have no effect.

Is there another way this can be achieved? Would appreciate any help in figuring out how to change the text of these error messages.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

hi @BrionBaskerville  you should try to change the text found in the "\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\translate\en-US\hub.js" .. this is where the  text "Connection lost......" error  is saved. 

Note: if this suggestion helps to resolve the issue or answers your question, it will be appreciated if you select the "Accept as Solution" option.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @BrionBaskerville 

By any chance did you restart the services?

Could it be possible to share a copy of the files that were changed?

Is this a multinode environment?
Thank you !

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
BrionBaskerville
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi!

Yes I restarted the services.

Oh yes of course, I'll attach a copy of the files that were changed(client.json and engine.json).

Yes this is a multinode environment, the files were updated in the central node.

Really appreciate your help! Thank you!

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

hi @BrionBaskerville  you should try to change the text found in the "\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\translate\en-US\hub.js" .. this is where the  text "Connection lost......" error  is saved. 

Note: if this suggestion helps to resolve the issue or answers your question, it will be appreciated if you select the "Accept as Solution" option.
BrionBaskerville
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Eugene_Sleator 

I changed the text. Restarted the Qlik Sense proxy service. Deleted browser cache. However, still no change unfortunately

Thank you for the suggestion and help!

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @BrionBaskerville  try to restart all the services 

follow this Guide as the order of stopping and restarting is important ... Let me know if it makes any difference 

BrionBaskerville
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Eugene_Sleator ,

There was a miscommunication on my end with my team and the incorrect server was being changed. After dealing with that, and restarting all services, it works! 

Hub.js changed the error messages within the hub.

Engine.json and client.json changed the error messages within the sheets.

Thank you so much!