Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jisephcirspy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Detect the user that runs the Qlik Sense services (Windows Server 2016)

I am new to Qlik and was questioned to update our installation. How can I detect the user that runs the Qlik Sense services?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, log in to the server, open 'Services' and look the user configured in the column 'login as' (or something like that I don't remember how it shows in english).

You will need the password of this user to do the update, and if it's from an old version mabe you also need the postgre superuser password, this password was set on the initial installation of Qlik Sense.

Updating from a very old version can also give some issues with ecrtificates, in any case, be sure you have a backup of the server before you start so if anything fails at least you can recover the current state.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, log in to the server, open 'Services' and look the user configured in the column 'login as' (or something like that I don't remember how it shows in english).

You will need the password of this user to do the update, and if it's from an old version mabe you also need the postgre superuser password, this password was set on the initial installation of Qlik Sense.

Updating from a very old version can also give some issues with ecrtificates, in any case, be sure you have a backup of the server before you start so if anything fails at least you can recover the current state.